top of page

Youth Education

Virginia Conservation Assistance Program

The Virginia Conservation Assistance Program (VCAP) is a program that helps HOAs, individual homeowners, schools, places of worship, and other communities with urban soil erosion and water runoff.​
VCAP Rain Garden

Application Process

Please note that our VCAP is only available to Prince William County and City of Manassas residents; we hope to provide VCAP to Manassas Park in the future!


Due to the large influx of interest in VCAP, we will not be scheduling any new site visits until July 15, 2024. You can still submit a Site Visit Request Form (see below), and we will get back to you on scheduling a site visit in July.

Thank you for your understanding!

How to apply:

  1. Determine if you have an erosion or water quality problem on your property

  2. Look at the options available at For further guidance, go to:

  3. Fill out and submit this form: Site Visit Request Form. The more details you can provide, the better!
    Photos are a requirement; please make sure to attach photos along with your Site Visit Request Form. Copying and attaching photos in a .doc or .pdf is acceptable. Submitting a video of your erosion concerns when it's raining is optional, but very helpful as well.

  4. Site Visit Request forms can be e-mailed to You can also snail mail them to Prince William SWCD, Attn: VCAP, 8850 Rixlew Lane, Manassas, VA 20109.

Conservation Landscaping with plugs in a shaded area

When submitting a Site Visit Request Form, here are some things we look for:

  • A significant water quality/erosion problem that needs to be solved

  • Properties that are adjacent to a waterbody/waterway

  • Visibility to the public (can someone casually driving by see it?)

If you are unsure about your project, remember that it never hurts to apply! Do your best and fill out what you can.

What happens after you submit a Site Visit Request Form

Click here for the VCAP application process. As we want to see your project succeed, we will work with you every step of the way!

If you have any questions, please contact the District at 571-379-7514, or e-mail

Important Notes:

  • If you start/finish a VCAP practice before your application is approved, you may not be eligible for VCAP for that particular practice.

  • You will be responsible for finding a contractor or doing the work yourself; scroll down to see lists of potential contractors as well as many resources to help you out.


You do not need to fill out any of the forms below until after we meet with you.

For the most updated forms, click here.

Do not worry about contract numbers, ranking numbers, Hydrologic Unit Codes, or GPS Coordinates; we'll provide that information.

    Forms everyone needs as part of their VCAP application package.

  • Part I: Application Contract

  • W-9

  • Form 3: Landowner Agreement

  • Form 4: Transfer of Responsibility (This form is for anyone who has a completed VCAP project but is moving during the lifespan of the practice and wants to transfer the responsibility to the new landowners. Please send this form to Nicole Slazinski at 8850 Rixlew Lane, Manassas VA 20109 or e-mail it to

  • Form 5: Liability Release (This form is for anyone who is forgoing the use of a Professional Engineer (PE) only for practices that require one. For more complex practices that require a PE stamp, Form 5 will not be applicable. For questions, please contact Nicole Slazinski at 571-379-7514,

  • Form 7: Cost-Share Adjustment Request

  • Assignment of Payment Authorization FormFor landowners who want VCAP payments to go directly to contractor


(PY = Program year, which runs from July 1-June 30)

Conservation Landscaping Before

Conservation Landscaping Before

Conservation Landscaping After

Conservation Landscaping After

Rain Garden at Graves Mountain Lodge

Sample Application Forms

Does the application process look too intimidating? Then check out these applications other people have submitted for their VCAP projects! Huge thanks to the Virginia Soil and Water Conservation District (VASWCD) and other soil and water conservation districts throughout Virginia for these excellent examples!

Personal information for these sample applications have been omitted. We will still help you with your application before submitting it to our Technical Review Committee; see Step 3 above.

Generic Design
bottom of page